My takedown surgery to get rid of my ostomy is only a week away. In light of that I thought I’d share a couple of things I’m really looking forward to on the other side of surgery. So without further ado,
I am looking forward to:
1) Being able to lay on my stomach.
2) Being able to bend down without worrying about my bag.
3) Being able to play sports without worrying that my stoma will get hit.
4) Going to the bathroom like a “normal” person again.
5) Not having to constantly worry about how full my bag is while in public.
6) Not having to wake up twice every night (at least) to empty my bag.
7) Being able to eat apples, corn, and other relatively undigestible foods.
8) Not having to constantly “guard” the right side of my abdomen.
9) My morning routine being a little simpler than with the bag.
10) Being able to wear my belt at it’s regular height.
and as a catch all…
11) Not having to deal with ostomy bags in general. Honestly, it can wear on you…
Those are the things of the top of my head — as if you wanted to know… Basically, I’m ready to get rid of the ostomy. Not that it’s horrible living with it — but it will be nice to have it gone. Three months was long enough for me. I welcome my takedown surgery next week with open arms.